Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Hello everyone! I hope your week has been swell.
Hope Oakenshield from Stitches of Freedom (amazing blog, please go check it out!!!) nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
Wow. My fingers did not like typing that out. Not in the least bit, haha!!.


Anyway, here are the rules!

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site
2. Put the award logo on your blog
3. Answer the ten questions they've asked you
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate up to ten people


1. What book did you just finish reading?
Oh goodness... um I think it was Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren. It's the final book of her River of Time series about two sisters who travel back in time to medieval Italy and they meet some pretty awesome knights and yeah..... if you like time travel medieval adventure with some romance thrown in, read them. They're amazing. 
And I say "I think" because sadly I haven't had much time for pleasure reading (or writing) in the past several months. School tends to ruin stuff like that... 

2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Anything with peanut butter and/or cookie dough. 

3. What is your favorite book genre?
As mentioned before, science fiction, fantasy/fiction mostly. No romance books. Bleh. It's completely fine and great if there's a little romance as a subplot (really, who doesn't like that a little?) but if romance is the main theme, someone shoot me. Except Jane Austen. Her books are simply wonderful. But that's really the only exception to my "No Romance Novels" rule.

4. If you could meet a celebrity, who would you choose to meet?
Living celebrities: Richard Armitage, Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Sebastian Stan, Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence..... (and the list goes on and on...)
Deceased celebrities: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien

5. If you could save any fictional character from their death, who would it be?
There are honestly too many to count. So many of the characters I love have died. To quote Marius from Les Miserables, "Now my friends are dead and gone..." But I think the reason I love them so much is that they are gone. I don't think I'd choose to save them, actually, because if I did, I don't think they'd mean that much to me. I would still love them, yes, but I don't know... it just wouldn't be the same. Do you know what I mean? 

6. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
Super strength!!! Though I wouldn't want it to be obvious I had super strength. I want to still look like me (not crazy muscly or like a female bodybuilder) and still have that strength. And super speed. Not like Barry Allen or Pietro Maximoff, but Steve Rogers speed, meaning faster than a normal person but not I-can-run-twelve-days-into-the-future speed (yes, both Flash and Quicksilver could do that). 
Also, does Captain America's metabolism count as a superpower, because I SO want that!!!

7. What is your favorite subject in school?
Writing. Can you tell? I've never been good at expressing myself verbally, so writing was how I found my "voice." It's a special connection, somehow, and I thank God for that gift. 

8. What is your favorite candy bar?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Or Snickers. Three Musketeers are good, too... (can anyone tell I don't eat candy bars very often?)

9. Who is your favorite actor?
Richard Armitage, for sure. I like his humility; the way he doesn't see himself as being different from the 'regular' people. He's down-to-earth, sensible, and has a good sense of humor. He's a human, and knows it. I think that's probably why I like him so much. Plus, his voice is wonderful, soooo......

10. If you could play any instrument, what would you choose to play?
I used to play the piano and the flute, but nowadays I play my iPod. But I think that if I had time and the drive to, I'd like to pick up either one of those two mentioned above for fun.


My Nominees:
Hazel West from Tales From a Modern Bard
Lynsi Keye from Pro Ama De Narratus
Maddie McKeel from #Dreamer
Moriah Q. from My Own Little World
Macie McKeel from Words from My Heart


My Questions:
1. If you could read only one book for the rest of your life, what book would you choose?
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. What is your favorite genre of book to read?
4. Who is your favorite actor?
5. If you could meet anyone in all of history (deceased, living), who would it be?
6. Do you have a favorite music artist or song (musicals and composers count, too)?
7. (Because I liked this question) If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
8. Do/Did you ever play an instrument, and if so, what?
9. If you could time travel (but only one time, round-trip), what event/time/person would you go see?
10. Finally, what is your favorite dessert, and what kind/flavor/etc is it?



That's all Folks!
*cue Looney Tunes theme*
As mentioned before, thanks to school and sports, I have had zero time to write since winter break.
And it's really kind of depressing me.
That being said, I will post chapters of The Mark of the King as soon as I can, but I make no promises as how to how soon or frequent they will be.
I am so sorry, and I wish I could be better about posting, but unfortunately I'm not a full-time writer who has the ability to write 12 hours a day.. I'm a high school student who's studying like crazy so she can get into college to become a full-time writer.
I hope you understand, and I'm sorry about that but I had to vent.

One more thing: in light of everything that has been going on in the world, I came across this verse while reading my Bible and thought I'd share it with you all as a reminder that 
God has the future under His control.

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, 
nor sorrow, nor crying. 
There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Revelation 21:4

~Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please refrain from cursing or using the Lord's name in vain! Thank you!