Saturday, October 11, 2014

Oh the Realm of Chaos We so Fearfully Abide In... or Do We?


ISIS.
Ebola.
If it isn't one headlining the news, it's the other.
Death. Destruction. Tragedy in ever direction.
Our world is crashing in around us, and we feel like we are powerless to stop it. Truth of the matter is, we are. We, as simple human beings, are powerless to do anything but watch out safe little bubble collapse, leaving us vulnerable and weak.
We are vulnerable. We are weak. We are powerless. By ourselves.
There is One who is greater than all the turmoil surrounding us 24/7. And you want to know something? God knew that these events were going to happen, right here and now in 2014 AD, when He created the world some 8,000 years ago. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.
Things right now may be new a terrifying to us, but to God, it's just another thing that He will use to bring about His ultimate triumph and glory.
Yes, we are weak. But God uses our feeble strength for his purposes. Someone said something along the lines of 'we are strongest on our knees.' Now I don't know who said it, and I'm not exactly sure I quoted it correctly, but it's the truth. When we fall to our knees in hopelessness, God listens. He hears our hearts, our tears, our desperate cries, our anguish, and our suffering, and He never once turns away. Never once.
When your world is collapsing, stand strong. When you're about to be crushed, pray for strength and courage. God will always provide you with what you need, whether you think you need it or not.
"Give all your problems to God in prayer, and then trust him enough to leave them there." My parents have had that quote hanging on their wall for as long as I can remember. However, I've never fully understood its meaning until this past year.
Thanks to stress, I've begun to suffer from anxiety attacks, beginning this summer. At first, I didn't know what was happening.  During the attacks, I lose control over my emotions, I have difficulty breathing, and sometimes I am even afraid to leave the house. It's as though an enormous sense of foreboding consumes me, and it takes a long time to get past it. They come with no warning. One minute everything is perfectly normal, the next I'm shaking and terrified over seemingly nothing. Those times are not easy at all. If you've ever had an anxiety attack, you understand. 
With all the recent goings-on concerning terrorists in the Middle East, drug cartels in Mexico just across the U.S. border, and Ebola cases spreading, it's easy to feel the lack of control. Sometimes it feels like the people who should be in charge are doing nothing at all. Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't. Who knows. But the important thing to remember is that God is in control of everything. He knows every detail about our plight. He knows our fears. He knows exactly what's going on in our messed-up world. And even though to us it may seem like He's not acting quickly enough for our standards, He is. And His timing is always perfect.
So whether it's Ebola, ISIS or some other terrorist group, family issues, or something you personally are struggling or fighting with, God is there.
The life of a Christian isn't supposed to be easy. From the moment you accept Christ as your savior, you have a target painted on your chest. We all do. The world will try to beat us down, to persecute us, to even kill us, but that's how we grow. "God never uses anyone greatly until He tests them deeply." - A.W. Tozer.
My favorite verse, since I was a small child, is Philippians 4:13, which states, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That verse reminds me that although I am weak, God's strength flows through me. I don't' have to be afraid. And neither do you.
You don't have to fearfully abide in this realm full of chaos. You can embrace the truth that God has it all under control, and that He loves us. We only have to trust Him.
"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31.

That was a lot, I know, but that's what has been on my heart for the past week or so. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. I hope that this was encouraging, and that you didn't get lost in my thoughts. 
I'm in the process of typing up Chapter Twelve of The Mark of the King. I should have it up sometime this month.
In the meantime, I'm praying for you all.
Oh, and by the way- thank you for the prayers! I did fantastic on my government test!!
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
~Abbie  

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please refrain from cursing or using the Lord's name in vain! Thank you!