Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oh Look! Someone Nominated Me for the Liebster Award!

Hello everyone! So I have been nominated by Hope Oakenshield for the Liebster Award. She's a great friend and Pintrest comrade!!
I have also been nominated by my dear friend Megan McKeel, as well! She has two wonderful books on her blog full of intense action and espionage! You should check it out; it's amazing!
Last but most certainly not least, Hannah Robinson, another fellow writer and Pin-Pal, nominated me recently for the Liebster Award. 

I did a little reading up on the Liebster Award. It began in Germany (maybe that's why the name is in German!) and it's a way to tell other people about lessser-known blogs.
I have tagged Hope (click on her name above and it'll take you to her amazing blog!) She has asked me eleven questions which I shall answer below. After that, I have to tag 3-5 bloggers and ask them questions. Anyway, I think this is kind of fun, and it allows you, my wonderful readers, to know a little bit more about me.



Here goes nothing! (And by nothing, I really mean pretty much everything.)

Eleven Facts About Me:
  1. I am an unashamed born-again Christian.
  2. My favorite book of the Bible is Philippians. It's so encouraging and strengthening. Plus, it's also home to my favorite verse (see Megan's questions below!)
  3. I have played softball for eleven years.
  4. I have always loved to read a write- I don't remember ever learning!
  5. I am also a lover of music. Currently I've been listening to lots of soundtracks and Imagine Dragons.
  6. I have a bow and I can use it fairly well. I also have a training sword which I would like very much to learn to use properly!
  7. My least favorite school subjects are math and science. I'm not wired for numbers and calculations. Letters and sentences on the other hand, I can do.
  8. My personality type is INTJ, meaning I'm introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging.
  9. I have two cats, one dog, and three fish.
  10. When I was little, I hated the color pink. I like it now, though haha!
  11. I have now run out of things to say.

Hope's Questions:
  1. What is your favorite movie? Can it be more than one? I am a lover of The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy. Though here lately, I've been completely obsessing over Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Let's face it- way too many choices there!!!
  2. What color is your hair? I have this sort of chestnut brown hair. Nothing super special there, but I like it.
  3. What is your favorite book series? This has to be the hardest question for me. Um, I'm going to have to say The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale. Though anything my Stephen R. Lawhead is marvelous as well.  Again, WAY too many choices as I am a lover of books.
  4. Who is your favorite superhero? Captain America!!! Need I say more?!
  5. Have you ever travelled out of the country? Sadly, no. If I could, I would go to the U.K., and New Zealand.
  6. Which do you like better, the mountains or the beach? I don't know why, but I have always loved the serenity and the majesticness of the mountains. I feel excited anytime I see them when we're on a road trip. But alas, where I live there aren't many mountains. 
  7.  What is your favorite quote? "Not all those who wander are lost" by J.R.R. Tolkien is my favorite quote. Again, I don't really know why, but there's something about it I really like.
  8. What color are your eyes? Green. And there's not much more to say about that!
  9. How many siblings do you have? I also have two amazing and wonderful younger sisters whom I adore very much.
  10. What is your favorite TV show? BBC's  Sherlock and ABC's Once Upon a Time are tied. Both usually leave me shocked, outraged, and heartbroken at the end of every episode and I love that.
  11. Where is your favorite vacationing spot? I have no idea. Take me anywhere with mountains and forests and I will be happy. 

Megan's Questions

  1. Who is your favorite actor/actress? Hmm.. that's a tough question. Probably Richard Armitage as my favorite actor, and Jennifer Lawrence as my favorite actress. 
  2. If you could travel to only one place for the rest of your life, where would it be? The U.K. Does that count as one place, though...?
  3. If you had a super-power, what would it be? Captain America's superpowers. Or a metal arm. Either one works.
  4. What is your favorite color? Purple.
  5. If you've done the Disney Princess personality quiz, who did you get? Belle!! She's my favorite original Disney Princess, so I was pretty happy when I found out I got her!
  6. If you could pick any pet to have, what would it be? A cat. I have one now and she's a wonderful animal with a very distinct and funny personality.
  7. Period dramas or Sci-Fi action movies? It really depends on my mood. I enjoy watching both.
  8. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? Same as before. It depends on my mood! Usually I write, read, watch Netflix, and go on Pinterest. And sometimes I do all at once!
  9. Which is your favorite: Facebook or Pinterest? Pinterest. Facebook has too much drama haha!
  10. Are you talkative or quite? It depends on who I'm around and how comfortable I am with that person. If it's someone I've just met, then I'm normally quiet. But if I've known that person for a long time and I'm comfortable being myself around them, then I can be talkative.
  11. What is your favorite verse? Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Hannah's Questions
  1. Who is your favorite celebrity and why? As mentioned above in Megan's questions, Richard Armitage and Jennifer Lawrence are my favorite celebrities. Both are pretty down-to-earth and normal people. I like that.
  2. What was your favorite TV show as a child? I didn't watch a lot of television when I was younger, but I loved Dragon Tales, and Berenstain Bears
  3. How many selfies do you take on average each day? A big whopping ZERO!
  4. Loud music or quiet music? That depends solely on my mood. If I'm feeling calm, peaceful, and writing, then I prefer quiet. If I'm feeling destructive or if I'm upset about something, then I want it to be louder. But not so loud that I could sustain ear damage.
  5. What is the highest heel you have ever worn? I wish I could say I've never worn heels in my life (because I absolutely despise shoes with heels- so impractical!!!) but unfortunately that's not the case. I have a pair of wedges that are, like, two to two-and-a-half inches.
  6. Which fictional character do you most relate to? Enna from Shannon Hale's The Books of Bayern. She was a nobody who wasn't really special in comparison to another person. But she was smart and had a fiery temper. I don't know; she was just a character I felt connected to.
  7. Cake or ice-cream? Um, I'll take either, please!!!
  8. Fantasy or sci-fi? Both are great, but I think I'll say fantasy.
  9. Current favorite TV show, movie, and book. TV show: BBC's Sherlock and ABC's Once Upon a Time are tied. Movie: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy/The Hobbit and both Captain America movies. Book: Enna Burning.
  10. Video/Computer games or board games? Board games.
  11. Best blog post I've done. Well, there are three completed posts I'm thoroughly pleased with- the rest are works-in-progress. Those are Winter Bound, The Mask, and The Day the World Fell.


So there we go!! Thank you for taking the time to read it! I hope you enjoyed it!
I now hand the gauntlet over to:

Lynsi Keye - Pro Ama De Narratus
Moriah Quint - My Imagination Creations
Hazel B. West - Hazel West's Character Purgatory
Sarah Blair - Cera's Fix

The rules are simple:
Tag whoever tagged you (and thank them too!)
State eleven facts about you.
Answer the questions given you by the person who tagged you.
Tag 3-5 other bloggers (not me!) and ask them eleven questions!
But make sure to notify them about the Liebster Award!

Here are my questions to you:
  1. What is your favorite movie (you can have more than one!)?
  2. What is your favorite book or book series?
  3. Describe yourself in three words.
  4. Do you have a favorite color?
  5. How many siblings do you have?
  6. What is your favorite quote?
  7. Who is your favorite superhero?
  8. Has a song ever made you cry? If so, what was it?
  9. What color hair do you have?
  10. What color are your eyes?
  11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
That's it! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this! Please check out these other blogs- I know my lovely friends and fellow writers would appreciate it a lot!
As always, God bless you!

~Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please refrain from cursing or using the Lord's name in vain! Thank you!