Thursday, February 6, 2014

For the Lovely Ladies

For all the wonderful ladies who read my blog (for the guys out there, you're just going to have to sit through this one).
I'ge been thinking about something we as women struggle with.
Beauty.
In a world where beauty is advertised as skinny and flawless, our vision is skewed. Worldly beauty surrounds us everywhere: in magazines, the Internet, movies, TV shows- you get the picture. And with all that, we forget what beauty really is.
You may not fit the model type- I know I certainly don't -or you might. But what I'm trying to get at is that you are beautiful. Blonde or brunette, black or ginger; curly, wavy, or straight; tall or short; stocky or slim, you are beautiful.
What makes you beautiful is the fact that you ma'am, are a child of God. One of his glorious and wonderful creations! He never makes anything stupid, boring, or ugly.
Yeah, you may not be 5'9" and super skinny with huge eyes and a flawless smile, but who cares?! You are exactly the woman God created you to be. The Bible says that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made"!
I'm not trying to say you shouldn't wear nice clothes or put on makeup, because I enjoy doing those things! What I am saying is that you don't need to use those to cover up your true beauty.
And for those of you who think you need a man to tell you that you're beautiful, one already has- in the best way possible. He died for you. And you know what? He doesn't care about your dress size or what you look like. You are his child; his special, unique daughter and you are beautiful.
Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
I'm writing this because it's something I've been struggling with as of late, and I feel we all need encouragement. I want you to know that as I write my story, I pray for you. All of you. And I want you to remember that no matter where you are, no matter how lost you think you are, you can always turn to God. He never leaves his children.
Anyway, thank you for your time. I love you guys!!
~Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please refrain from cursing or using the Lord's name in vain! Thank you!